Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My Heart Belongs To A Leo Jansen



The past few days have been a whirlwind!  My parents bought a new house, and needless to say we've all been very excited.  The house itself is so pretty, and the icing on the cake is the fact that the previous owner left lots of fun things for us to go through.  After a little digging around my mom found a painting that is perfect.   My new room is going to be elegant, and this print complemented it in all the right ways.  It inspires so much, specifically feminine beauty.  Without being erotic, cliche, or tacky (which so many nude portraits can be) it captures all the things I wanted my new room to be - a place to get ready and indulge in all things girly.  After a little research I found out that the painting is by Leo Jansen a Dutch artist who specialized in portraits.  I'm obsessed, to say the least, and I'm now reallllly excited to get some ultra girly things for my room and self.  Take a look at what I have in mind below.

Filigree Scroll Vanity Tray, $24, Urban Outfitters

Society Taper Holder, $18-$24, Anthropologie
Set of Six Bud Vases, $24, Sadie Olive
Breakfast at Tiffany's Sleep Mask, $34, Mary Green

Chetak Round Pillow, $70, Inside Avenue

Canterbury Knightie, $24.50, Victoria's Secret

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment