Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Gauranteed Smiles

Weekdays, how you bore me.  I really don't understand why weekends can't be at least three days long, but what can ya do?  Here are some little pick me ups that get me through the week days.  Perhaps this is proof that it really is the little things that matter most.


My Carl Larsen cards.  They're so pretty, and I love the idea of writing hand-written notes versus a text or e-mail.  Note-writing is a lost art that we need to bring back.


Dirty martinis. Ice cold, made with Ketel One vodka, and preferably blue cheese stuffed olives (these were just the regular kind).  But still, it's the perfect cocktail to help unwind, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel cool drinking it. 


An instant pick up for me has always been a great mani.  I'm obsessing over the color I chose for my last one, OPI's Lucky Lucky Lavender.  The perfect ultra-light polish, that just screams spring.



The best kind of habit to get in, is healthy eating.  I first wrote about the amazing avacado toast here and was reminded of my love for it when my friend Kate did a post on it here.  I made mine with a thin layer of mayo, smashed gauc, sliced cherry tomatoes, and salt and pepper.   With a side of sweet potatoes (baked in olive oil with red onions) it's the perfect meal.
 
 
 
Shopbop, browsing through your lookbooks and countless designers is a very zen experience for me, and for that I thank you.  My credit card, not so much, but I thank you.  
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment