Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Romantic About Gypsies

In the September issue of Vogue Kate Moss divulged that she was inspired to marry beau Jamie Hince after watching the reality show "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding." 


She said, "I am so romantic about Gypsies. They’re not allowed to do anything until they get married. So they all get married really young, at sixteen. You can’t believe the dresses. They’re like blinging butterflies times 10; they can’t move down the aisle! It’s so genius. I was just watching Jamie, so cute, and I was like, these girls, they just spend their whole life waiting for that day—let’s do it!"

And although her big day was more Great Gatsby meets woodland fairy than wandering gypsy, her affinity for for boho chic style was evident from what she wore the eve of her wedding.  The flowy blue dress and tall suede boots were perfectly gypsy.  And when it comes down to it gypsies are amazing inspiration.  The colors, the layers, the jewels - this is where boho was born, and I'm obsessing.


























































So I'm back to the velvet underground.
Back to the floor that I love.
To a room with some lace & paper flowers.
Back to the gypsy that I was...


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I'm passing on the Versatile Blogger Award to you! Check it out here: http://www.chateaudevictoria.com/2011/09/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like my eyes have feasted, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete