Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Pumpkin Spice & Everything Nice

A new "Pumpkin Spice" candle has started autumn off right.


This past Friday I left for one last weekend at the lake, a farewell to summer of sorts.  The first day of my trip it was 90, humid, and I spent the entirety of the day floating in the water and drinking Coronas.  The following day, I woke up with the same plan in mind, but temps had dipped to a mere 75 (in southern Missouri nonetheless!) and I knew then and there that summer was officially over.  Although I was a teensy bit sad to see it go, I couldn't be more excited for all thing autumn.  Last fall, I made a list of things I wanted to accomplish, and surprisingly knocked the majority of things off the list.  This fall I have created a whole new list and am so excited to start working on it.


  • Have my Grandma Berget teach me her apple pie recipe
  • Go trailriding with my Grandma and Grandpa Erickson
  • Use my picnic basket before it gets too chilly outside
  • Get out to LA to visit my uncle and friends
  • Get a new featherbed and bedding before winter sets in
  • Read good books & start writing
  • Visit my favorite apple orchards
  • Invest in cozy boots and sweaters
  • Get my garden cleaned out so it's ready to go next spring
  • Make it to my favorite boys' football games (Zach and Rex!)
  • Spend as much time outside as possible


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment