Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Springtime & A Recipe

The weather was warm this weekend.  I spent every moment I could outside, and it was heavenly.  On Sunday I took a little trip to Barnes & Noble and bought the book The Great Night by Chris Adrian.  It's  a retelling of A Midsummer Night's Dream and wass the perfect book to read in my garden with an iced tea. Wanting to keep this warm weather trend going, I've been craving light meals, that require little effort. I found a recipe for a ricotta and penne pasta frittata that sounded delicous. I've always been a fan of frittatas, but always assumed they were complicated and time consuming.  Umm, they're not.  This recipe was quick, and served with toast and jam, it was a the perfect simple dinner.  How have you been welcoming spring?


Below is the frittata and here is the recipe.  Although it was delish, I wish I would have cooked up some bacon and had fresh fruit on hand to go with it.  Had I done that, it truly would have been the perfect meal.




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment