Sunday, June 2, 2013

As of Late

Well, hello there, friends.  It's been a few minutes.  I've been busy though.  Truly.  May was a beautiful blur of a month that started with the Kentucky Derby, included a trip to Mexico, and ended with me running my 1st 1/2 marathon.  I have been busy with work (it's a good thing!) but have missed good ol' Hush n Wonder.  So here's hoping the dear blog gets a bit more attention in the coming months.

I haven't gotten to do much shopping lately.  Everything I have bought in the past month has had some sort of purpose - like I need that dress for the Kentucky Derby.  Or I need that good facial sunscreen for Mexico.  Or that sports bra is the perfect pink to match my running shoes.  You get the picture.  Below are some little gems I'd like to be buying regardless of trips and simply in honor of summer.  Which is here.  Finally!



The Wantables.

Bath & Shower Oil:  I am needing this.  This oil is perfect to lather on before a shower or add a little to your bath to create a relaxing little haven all your own.  By Aromatherapy Associates, find it here.  

A Printed Tee:   Nothing beats a good printed t-shirt.  This one by Zoe Karssen is perfection.  Fun fact - I ordered it from here.  

Retro Sunnies:  Acetate sunglasses are the thing right now - but something about this pair seems perfectly classic.  Cutler and Gross nailed it with this pair.  

A Wild Necklace:  I'm quite certain shark teeth have replaced snakes as the most exotic form of jewelry.  This necklace by Heather Hawkins is the ultimate summer accessory.  

A Vintage Scarf:   Finishing off an outfit with a colorful scarf is trick that can take outfits from blah to beautiful.  This Dolce & Gabbana printed scarf is great, but find that flea markets and vintage stores have a great selection as well.  

Printed Shorts:  A fun pair of printed shorts are must have for summer.  I love this aztec version from Topshop.  Paired with a peasant top or simple tank, these would/will get a lot of wear.  




Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. i for one am happy you're back to blogging :O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, thank you, "anonymous".... i appreciate it!

      Delete