Monday, June 11, 2012

A Little Experimentation





In my mind, summer is the perfect excuse to experiment with makeup.  For some reason, ultra bright colors and funky trends just seem more appropriate when the weather gets hot.  Above are three not so standard beauty tricks I will be giving a whirl.


  • Light Blue Nails -  Light blue has always been one of my favorite colors but I never thought to use it on my nails.  When I spotted Revlon's Blue Lagoon polish at my local pharmacy, I knew it would be new favorite.  And I was right.  The color is fresh and fun and looks so pretty with a tan and chunky gold jewelry.  
  • Hottest Pink Lipstick -  Last summer my favorite way to dress up for a night on the town was with bright orange lipstick, a little mascara, and some bronzer.  This summer I'm repeating, but this time with hot pink lip stick.  The more neon, the better.  It's such a youthful trend, and Nars' Carthage Hot Pink is just the color I'm looking for.  
  • Violet Lashes -   I was very hesitant about the colored lashes trend at first.  It seemed so 80's and dated.  But when Stella McCartney's models at her F/W 2012 show were sporting the trend I had to reconsider.  When paired with sleek hair and other makeup is barely there, this is a look that is just gorgeous.  I want to get my hands on the Emilio Pucci for Guerlain mascara.  


For more makeup tips, head on over to The Beauty File to see my guest post on Summer Eye Makeup!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment