Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Rum Diary







I like some movies simply because of location and wardrobe.  It's that simple.  The Talented Mr. Ripley was one of them (see post on it here).  And to be honest The Rum Diary was a film I didn't really care to see.  My fiance turned it on while I was busy blogging or pinning (the two go hand in hand, no?)  and about 15 minutes in I was surprised to have found myself completely consumed with Johnny Depp and Amber Heard.  And it wasn't that it was particularly great - in fact it was kind of odd.  But it did keep me entertained, and I'm pretty sure it all had to do with Amber Heard's character Chenault.  Her retro style, cinnamon tan, and omni-present red lips were so striking.   It really is the perfect summer or getaway inspiration, and my new goal for my own upcoming vacation  is to find some high-waisted shorts and a bra top as amazing as Chenault's (see second photo down.)



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment