Thursday, January 19, 2012

Baby, I'ma Be Your Motivation



Bikini season is right around the corner.   I've learned it's best not to obsess over such things, and for the first time ever I'm actually eating right, working out, and not freaking out about getting fit.   While I normally count down the days till vacay this year I'm taking a more laid back approach, and I'm finding it to be so much easier (and it's actually working.)   Now I'm not one to take part in "thinspiration",  trying to compare myself to models, or trying to be too skinny, I do very strongly believe in getting your body to look the best it can.   That being said, a little fitness motivation never hurt anyone, and what better place to find it then Victoria's Secret.  This video, doesn't just make me want to look good in a bikini, it makes me want to go to a beach and go swimming *so* badly.  




 Pinterest has been a wonderful way to find helpful tips to help keep me on track.  Here are a few of my favorites:
  • Drinking water at meals - We all know how important it is to drink water, but I've found if I have water with my meal as opposed to my usual diet-anything-with-caffiene, I eat much less.
  • Boost your metabolism by eating! Duh - Foods like blueberries, yogurt, green tea, coffee, almonds, cinnamon, and soy milk all boost your metabolism - don't starve yourself - eat!
  • Make your body work - Ice cold water and spicy foods make your body work harder to digest, thus you burn more calories.  So simple.  
  • Fiber is your friend - Foods high in fiber make you feel more full and help rid your body of fat as it's being digested.  The natural cleansing process makes you feel more energized. 
  • Confusing thirst for hunger? -  If you get a sudden craving, have a glass of water then see how you feel.  Your body can actually get confused and when you think your hungry, you might just be dehydrated.
  • Sleep tight, keep your metabolism high.  Getting less than six hours of sleep a night can lower your metabolism by as much as ten percent.  

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Great tips! Especially about water. I've been trying to drink more lately. It really does help!

    Emilie
    www.liveeatsmile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete