Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Dash of Glamour


Perhaps it's the fact that I don't go out quite as much as I used to (anyone else miss college?)  Or maybe I'm not traveling enough.  But there has been a distinct lack of glamour in my life.    I'm happy to be working, and I like the steady pace of my life, but alas, a little sparkle needs to be added.  And although I might not get to go to any fab dinner parties anytime soon (a'la Charlotte Casiraghi, above) I think little changes will do the trick.  I'll update next week and let you know how it goes.   But here are the ways I'm thinking of adding some elegance to my daily routine.

  • Keep my nails freshly mani'd.  I just bought Chanel Nail Lacquer in Quartz.  It's so pretty.
  • Take time to listen to music.  This used to be my meditation and I don't do it nearly enough.  Time to change that.  
  • Extra long dinners (with wine.)  At least once a week dinner needs to be drawn out - good food, good convo, good vino.  Perfect.
  • Wear some sparkle.   If I'm bored with my wardrobe, adding a pair of pretty earrings or an elaborate necklace can change my whole mood.
  • Light candles.  And I just don't mean the candles on my coffee table I light nightly - I mean the sconces I have throughout my house. It's the quickest way of cozying up a space.
  • A new 'do.   I want to perfect the fishtail.  And get back out my curling iron.  I've fallen back into using curlers exclusively and it's a yawn.  Time to switch it up.
How do you add elegance to your everyday life?


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment