Friday, August 5, 2011

The Plastics

I love Los Angeles. I love Hollywood. They're beautiful. Everybody's plastic, but I love plastic. I want to be plastic.



Andy Warhol
































The plastic, fake, over-the-top side of fashion.  It's there.  We are reminded every time we open up the pages of Vogue.    It's what runs through our heads when we glance at a model and think, "Just how little does she weigh?" or "Just how much airbrushing was done to get her face *completely* poreless." We can't help it.  We wonder what's real.   How close can the average person actually get to looking that flawless?  Instead of letting such thoughts consume me, I prefer to take in the beauty of it.   The flawless, decadent, unrealistic perfection, it's enough to inspire.  Below are ultra-glam pieces, fit for a Barbie.



180 by Jean Yu, Cuff Stretch Silk Chiffon Shorts

Furla, Candy Bag

Topshop, Orange Sleeveless Tuck Shift Dress

Giuseppe Zanotti, Assymetrical Eel Pumps

Missoni, Geometric Acetate Bib

Miu Miu, Crepe Silk de Chien Top

Tom Binns, Fauve Hand Painted Swarovski Crystal Drop Earrings

Nars, Easy Lover Lip Gloss







Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment