Thursday, April 7, 2011

Matthew Williamson for Macy's

Macy's has always been my go-to department store.  I've gone there since I was a little girl with my mom (back when it was Marshall Field's)  and it's just one of those places that has always been easy to shop at.  So when I heard Matthew Williams was guest designing for Macy's own Impulse line, I was ecstatic.  I've loved Matthew Williamson since I discoverd him while living in London in 2008.  His colorful, boho looks exude a sense of easy glamour that will be perfect for summer.  Williamson describes the line's muse as: "She wants to be exuberant, show her personality, doesn't want to be a wallflower. ... These are clothes to get noticed. They are highly coloured, highly printed." 

Dresses in the line will cost anywhere from $50 to $120 with specialty pieces being around $300 and Williamson assures fashionistas that the quality factor will be displayed through his sense of details and craftsmanship.  And these are dresses that are meant to be partied in.  Williamson told the Associated Press that these are not dresses meant to be worn to work,"I feel like the collection has a sense of escapism."  And that, my friends, is perfect for spring.  The line debuts April 13th.





 
PS Macy's Impulse line has another special guest designer this fall - Karl Lagerfeld.  NBD.
 
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous! i wish i could buy one of those :)


    http://starlightsworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete