Wednesday, March 20, 2013

My Rant on Inspiration

Inspiration is such a fickle thing.  

There are some days when I'm completely overwhelmed by it - everything has a meaning and the most obscure things can stir a plethora of creativity from somewhere deep inside me.   The way sunlight shines through my windows and plays on my perfume bottles has inspired stories.  (See here.)  So has that favorite song that comes on the radio at just the right time - putting you in that perfect mood.  And there was a time when magical editorials were all the vacation I needed.  

Lately, inspiration has been a bit harder to find.  And maybe it's just me.  Maybe I read too many blogs.  Too many fashion magazines.  Spend too much time pinning.   Maybe I'm jaded because lately it's been harder for me to find things that are day-dream worthy.  When I first started my blog I was *so* passionate about everything I wrote and so excited to share my stories and experiences.  I want to get back to that.  I know these creative ruts are part of being artistic in any form, but think about  it - so much has already been done, seen, and written about I think it's time to get back to the roots of why we all write our blogs, or tell our stories in the first place. 













Photobucket

1 comment: