Monday, February 11, 2013

The Dreaming Room

The bedroom is my favorite room in the house.  It's a room meant for dreaming and should be equal parts relaxing, beautiful, and comfortable.  The bedroom is the last room to be touched in the condo I live in, and I'm really excited to turn into a little haven fit for restful night's sleep.    Above all, I want it be cozy.  I'm drawing inspiration from the looks below.

  • Lots of white - nothing is crisper or more homey in my book.
  • An understated elegance - I want there to be a sort of proper beauty to the bedroom, but no so much that it feels cold or sterile. 
  • Soft light -  I'm all about chandeliers in the bedroom and pretty bedside lamps.  No yucky, generic lighting for this girl. 
  • Keeping it cozy - Warm blankets, fluffy pillows, and plush rugs are all wonderful ways to make the bedroom feel inviting.  I might throw in a stuffed animal here and there as well ;) 









Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment