Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Hot Toddies

Last week I was sick.  The kind of sick where it's an effort to move from the bed to the couch, and several days were spent in a cocoon of blankets and pillows drifting in and out of sleep.  When my throat was sore and I couldn't stop coughing, I decided it was time for a hot toddy.  When I was little my parents would make them for me - and drinking them now leaves me feeling instantly comforted.  Of course, back then they were mostly lemon and honey (and just enough brandy to make it easy to fall asleep).   I've enjoyed several of these in the past week and have tweaked the recipe to a fine perfection.  I've substituted whiskey for the brandy, added a cinnamon stick and a few cloves and am certain this will be a drink I'll be enjoying all winter.

Here is how I make mine...

- 3/4 cup of green tea
- 1 shot brandy or whiskey
- Juice of a quarter to a half of a lemon (depending on size)
- Honey to sweeten (I use around a spoonful)
- A cinnamon stick to stir
- A few whole cloves

PS, how cute is this idea for a winter party? 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment