Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Makes Me Feel Fine

The most horrible thing about growing up has got to be the lack of summer vacations.   It's so easy to get caught up in work and life and not take time to do the little things that make summer, summer.   But this past weekend was spent at my parents house and between barbecues, lemonades on the pier, and evening at our favorite lakeside bars, it was finally starting to feel like summer.  And it felt wonderful.   Here are some more ways I'm going to incorporate summer into my everyday routine, so it doesn't slip by this year.  


Ultra bright makeup that compliments a tan.

Soaking sun and mindless reading all next to or on water.


A Summer Playlist
Like my music tastes it is completely random, but below are my favorites that get me in the mood for sunshine.

Madcon, Beggin'
Dave Matthews Band, Crush
Passion Pit, The Reeling
Paul Simon, Obvious Child
MIA, Sunshowers
Blink 182, Roller Coaster
Bassnectar, Magical World feat. Nelly Furtado
Zac Brown Band, Knee Deep
Mickey Avalon, So Rich So Pretty
The Outfield, Your Love
Rod Stewart, Forever Young
Vampire Weekend, (really, all songs)
Zion I, Coastin'
Deana Carter, Strawberry Wine
Jimmy Buffett,  A Pirate Looks at 40
Crosby, Stills & Nash, Southern Cross
Bruce Springsteen, Glory Days
Kenny Loggins, I'm Alright
The Brazilian Girls, Good Time

(and I mean, really, there are millions more.)






Only packing bikinis and sundresses for weekend getaways.





How are you celebrating summer?



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment