Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Cozies

DKNY has always been a brand I've loved.  The designs are classic, the clothes are excellent quality, and the pieces I've bought I've worn for years.   Recently, thanks to Twitter and an extraordinarily talented tweeter, I've taken note of the brand even more.  For those of you that are on Twitter it's essential that you follow the DKNY PR girl (@DKNY) who has taken tweeting to a whole other level.  She has become the voice of the brand, and with close to 350,000 followers, she's delivering fashion news in way that has never been done.  You get a behind the scene look at what it's like to work for a huge fashion house (because how many little girls dream of moving to the city and living their own version of "The Devil Wears Prada"?)  She gives advice, responds to tweets, and makes you want to check out all things Donna Karan.  With her snarky wit, fabulous fashion sense, and genuine tone, it's no wonder she has such a following. Browsing her tweets one day, I saw she mentioned something called the "cozy".  I looked it up on the DKNY website, and cozies are about as fabulous as they sound.  They're cadigans that are long and flowy, and can be worn a plethora of ways.  They come in a long sleeved, vest, and short sleeved, and I hear that they are working on a dress version.  They're available in a rainbow of colors and are made of cashmere and silk, so how they acquired their moniker is no surprise.  I'm hooked.  







Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment